IELTS Reading Test Information
The IELTS Reading Test is the second part of the exam. It lasts 60 minutes and the test format consists of 3 sections and a total of 40 questions.
There are different reading tests for IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training:
A. Academic Reading Test
There is one long text in each section. The texts are authentic and are taken from books, magazines, newspapers and journals, written for a non-specialist audience on topics of general academic interest. Texts are appropriate for university students and professionals and range from descriptive and factual to discursive and analytical.
B. General Training Reading Test
- Section 1: 2 or 3 texts. (Short, factual texts, one of which may consist of 6-8 mini texts (e.g. hotel advertisements). Topics are relevant to everyday life in an English-speaking country.)
- Section 2: 2 texts. (Short, factual texts focusing on work-related issues such as job applications; company policies; workplace facilities; staff conditions/training etc)
- Section 3: 1 text. (Longer, more complex text on a topic of general interest.)
The texts are taken from a variety of authentic sources such as notices, advertisements, company handbooks, official documents, books, magazines and newspapers.
- short-answer questions
- sentence completion
- note / summary / diagram / flow-chart / table completion
- matching information / headings / features / sentence endings
- identifying writer’s view/claims (yes/no/not given)
- identifying information (true/false/not given)
- Is the IELTS test completed in one day?
- What can I bring into the examination room?
- Is there time at the end of the Reading test to transfer answers?
- Can I use a pen for the Reading test?
- Can I make notes on the Reading question paper?
- How is the Reading test marked?
1. Academic Reading Test ConversionsIELTS band score (Score out of 40)
2. General Reading Test ConversionsIELTS band score (Score out of 40)
Mọi thông tin chi tiết, các bạn vui lòng liên hệ:
DU HỌC HOPECO
12 Hoa Phượng, Phường 2, Quận Phú Nhuận, Thành Phố Hồ Chí Minh, Việt Nam
ĐT: (08) 35 173 345 – 35 173 678
Fax: (08) 35 173 111