1. Visa guidance services: While awaiting your offer letter, our counselors will guide you or your sponsor on the financial requirements. Upon receipt of the offer letter, counselors will help you finalized your visa application prior to lodgment with the International Organization for Migration (the application center on behalf of the Australian Embassy)
2. Payment for tuition fees and health insurance: For several types of student visas (elementary and secondary school, undergraduate, postgraduate, postgraduate by research and PhD), visa applicants are required to pay for the tuition fee and visa length health insurance in order to obtain the Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE) which is lodged together with the visa application. HOPECO counselors will guide and provide students or sponsors with the required documents in order to make payment for the tuition fee and health cover at the bank.
For the other types of student visas (English courses, foundation studies and vocational courses), payment for the tuition fees and health insurance cover can be made as soon as your visa application is preliminarily assessed. HOPECO counselors will advise students or sponsors when to make payment.
3. Acceptance of the official offer: Upon your acceptance of the offer letter, you are required to pay for the whole tuition fee of the English course, one semester of the main course (or deposit) and visa length health insurance. These fees can be paid by telegraphic transfer, bank draft or credit card. The counselor will send the payment receipt (telex/bank draft or credit card details) together with your acceptance form to the institution.
4. Visa Applications: The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship strongly encourages applicants to lodge the visa application at the Australian Visa Application Centers (AVACs) in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City at least 8 weeks prior, to their planned, course start date. The following documents are required for your visa application:
- Visa application form
- Visa application fee
- 4 passport size photographs
- Valid passport
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrollment (eCoE)
- IELTS test report
- Academic and work experience documents
- Study plan
- Evidence of financial ability to pay for tuition fees, living expenses, expenses for dependants, return airfare.
You should consult HOPECO counselors for more information about the required documents for student visa application.
Prior to the submission of the visa application, all applicants must undergo a medical examination at an Australian Government, approved clinic. HOPECO counselors will guide you to the approved clinics.
Your medical report will be sent directly to the Australian Visa Office by the clinic.
HOPECO counselors will update you on the status of your visa application.
- Pre Departures: HOPECO organizes monthly pre-departure information sessions in order to help you prepare for your departure to Australia. On these occasions, you will receive important information about lifestyle and study in Australia and useful advice on how to adjust yourself to a new culture and overcome homesickness. You will also have an opportunity to meet other alumni, current and future students.
- Arrangement for accommodation and airport pickup: While your visa application is being processed, you need to book the accommodation and air ticket. On-campus accommodation is often fully booked very early. If you prefer to stay off-campus, you will need to book temporary accommodation for about the first ten days, which will give you time to find a suitable long-term accommodation. You will need to provide the counselor with your flight details to book temporary accommodation.
Most institutions offer free airport pickup or, in some cases, charge a small service fee and take you to your pre-booked accommodation. Airport pickup is not usually available on weekends. Your counselor will help you with the booking of accommodation and airport pickup.
- Departure for Australia: You can leave for Australia as soon as your student visa is granted. You must ensure that your accommodation booking and airport pickup have been confirmed. Have a nice trip!
- Arrival in Australia: Once you have been in Australia, remember to call home. You are strongly recommended to stay in touch with HOPECO. We will support you during your study until you finish your course.